Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God's Wisdom for Little Boys



Caleb has such a love of books that I thought every once in awhile I'd do a little review of some of our favorites. Now that he's become much more mobile he's not as thrilled about sitting with me and reading books when he could be cruising around furniture or crawling all over the place, but we still read before naptime and bedtime.

One of our favorites is God's Wisdom for Little Boys (I believe there is also a God's Wisdom for Little Girls, but I haven't read that one).



God's Wisdom for Little Boys is a book full of beautiful pictures and little rhymes paraphrasing many of the proverbs found in the Book of Proverbs.



It would probably be more appropriate for an older child, so Caleb and I only read a few pages at a time, but he loves the pictures and the rhyming words.





I love this book because of the scriptural truths that is teaches. It teaches about obedience, kindness, and giving, to name a few. It teaches how God wants his children to act, and how happy it makes Him when we do.



I'm slightly upset because this is when Caleb tore one of the pages ... perhaps I should have been paying better attention to him instead of snapping pictures.

Anyways, this book is great and teaches some really great lessons.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home