Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I love about Caleb at 9 months old

I'm 2 days late on this post, but better late than never.

Caleb is now 9 months old, can you believe it? I can just feel his first birthday getting closer and closer. Charles and I have been making some plans for this summer and it is so strange to think that Caleb will already be one. The past 9 months have flown by so much faster than the previous 9 months. I remember feeling like time was standing still when we were counting down the days until we'd get to meet Caleb, and now time is going by much to quickly. Before I know it, he'll be 5 or 10 or 15. Wow, don't want to think about that.

And while time has sped past, I have loved every minute of the last 9 months. Ok ... maybe not every single minute, but most.

And these are the things I love about Caleb at 9 months old.

*He's definitely what you'd call mobile (has been for awhile) but it was just in the past few weeks that he figured out how to go from lying down to sitting up and sitting up to lying down. So now, no matter how I put him on the ground, he's on the move ... and let me just say ... he is so fast. It's much more tiring, chasing him around all day, but I love watching him explore new things.

*He is now pulling himself to a stand! On anything and everything. Furniture, toys, highchair, people ... pretty much anything that is higher up than him, which is pretty much everything. He's just one step closer to walking. I have a feeling that will happen before his first birthday.

*We are pretty much done completely with baby food. Which makes it much easier for us to eat meals together as a family, which is fun.

*He has said his first word!! although to be honest, I'm not sure it's intentional. He says, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba alot, like all the time. And recently, if we wave and tell him to say bye-bye he will sometimes wave and say ba-ba. That kind of sounds like bye-bye right? Just humor me :)

*He still loves books, but has recently started preferring some books over others. There have always been books that I think he likes better than others, but now, if I start reading a book and he doesn't want to hear it, he will reach up and close it. It is so cute!! And I'm just like, "Ok you don't want this one" and I grab another book and he'll sit there and listen without touching it at all.

I love that we get to spend our days together and that he's getting big enough to do more. He has a swing in the tree out front that he loves. He loves going on walks, and playing with his toys. He thinks he's such a big boy when I go into his room to get him and he's just standing there in his crib, watching the door. I walk in and he gets this look on his face, and I can just hear him thinking, " Can you believe this? Look how tall I am?"

My sweet boy,
You are getting so big and learning so many new things right now. Before long you'll be toddling around the house. It makes me happy to see you growing so healthy and strong. I'm so happy that God gave you to me and that I get to be your mama. I love you baby.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home