Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4 weeks old

Things get rather confusing at this point. While Caleb is 4 weeks old today, he's not 1 month old until Thursday, the 23rd. So I wasn't sure if I should post today or wait until Thursday. But oh well. I can not believe it has been 4 weeks already, that seems crazy! We have a doctors appointment next Monday and I will be very interested to see how much he weighs. Any guesses?? My guess is 10 lbs. 3 oz.

The last couple of days have been rough. I wanted to attempt to get Caleb on some sort of a schedule so I started paying attention to what time he was napping and what time he was eating every day. After several difficult days I realized I was trying to do too much too fast. So for now, I'm just trying to establish a routine. He eats, plays, naps, over and over again throughout the day, on a 3 to 4 hour cycle. Hopefully in a week or so this will be established enough to attempt to start watching the clock again, and getting some sort of order to my days. If his first "cycle" starts at the same time every day then my days will pretty much look the same. So that's the goal.

At 4 weeks old...

Caleb is more awake and more alert.

He likes watching the mobile on his swing, and sitting in his bouncy seat.

He eats every 3 to 4 hours, and sometimes 2.5.

At night he sleeps anywhere from 3 to 5 hours between feedings at night, so I'm still getting pretty good sleep.

He has outgrown even more newborn clothes and is even wearing some 3 month clothes.

He still loves sleeping with daddy in bed, and when he gets fussy sometimes its the only thing that works.

He takes naps in his bassinet rather than the swing, but does not go to sleep very well on his own.

He still likes his paci but doesn't NEED it.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home