Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Interesting Morning

I went in for a doctor's appointment this morning and once again my BP was high. They aren't even really surprised by it at this point, but we had been sitting there for over an hour waiting because my doctor was delivering a baby. I hate going to the doctor and I always get nervous sitting in a doctors office so I'm sure that didn't help at all. But anyways, he finally got back and even though I told him my BP is always fine at home ( I monitor it a few times a week) he didn't like that it was still high so he said he wanted to monitor it. So he sent me to a monitoring room thing at the hospital and they hooked me up to fetal monitor, an IV drip and a BP cuff.

At first I was thinking that my BP was never gonna go down cause I was so nervous, but it wasn't as bad as I thought and eventually it went back down to 120/80 and they decided everything was fine and sent me home. We were really thinking for a little bit that we might get to meet Caleb today, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Charles' prediction of me having him on the 18th doesn't seem to be right, but you never know what may happen tonight or tomorrow.

They did do an ultrasound while we were there so we got to see him again, which was fun, and although I'm still not dilated at all, my doctor did tell me before I left that I was having a few contractions while I was there. I didn't feel anything, but at least maybe something's going on.

So, I have another appointment scheduled for Monday, which I thought was strange because all my other appointments have been on Wednesdays, but I think maybe it's so that they can decide to induce me later in the week if they want to, or if my BP isn't cooperating. It seems my doctor is going to be out of the office all next week though...isn't that great?? He won't even be there, but oh well. There was no guarantee he would be the one to do the delivery in the first place, cause it just depends who's on the rotation for that day.

Maybe I'll have him before Monday anyways, and then it won't matter :)

It was an interesting morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Troyer said...

Not having your doctor sucks :( Good thing you knew in advance though! I made sure I got a doctor who was the only one in his practice so I knew who would be delivering! It makes for really long office waits though!!

June 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home