Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day At the Pool and Other Things

What is so complicated about applying sunscreen?

I always, very diligently, put on sunscreen when I go to the pool so that I won't get sunburned, and I always end up sunburned anyways. I don't get sunburned all over, mind you, but I miss random places that I could have SWORN I covered.

After an afternoon at the pool, I am officially sunburned on the backs of my arms (that's understandable right? I mean, you can't even see the backs of your arms), the tops of my legs (I promise I put sunscreen there) and the top of one, and only one, foot. I didn't put any sunscreen on my feet (who puts sunscreen there?) but apparently one foot is more susceptible to burning than the other. So there you have it. Hopefully it will turn tan within a few days, and next time I'll try again at something that should not be so difficult.

***************************************************
On to other things...

This evening Charles and I went to a going away party for some friends of ours who are moving out of town, and the weather could not have been more perfect. I was slightly worried because I knew we would be outside all evening, and in Memphis, in June, it can be pretty hot, even at night. And for the time being, me and heat do not mix (unless I'm floating in a swimming pool). But it felt so nice outside the whole time and we had alot of fun hanging out with friends.

I am officially 37 weeks pregnant today, which means 3 more weeks and that's it. 3 weeks doesn't seem very long does it? This is what I got in my email today about Caleb's development:

Week 37 - and a full term baby

With just three more weeks to go and at about six and a half pounds (though weight and height vary from fetus to fetus), your baby is doing just fine. You can expect weight gain to be about half an ounce per day. (Boys, though, are likely to be heavier at birth than girls. And here's a bit of boy baby trivia to back that one up: Moms carrying boys tend to eat more than moms carrying girls — a foreshadowing of teenage refrigerator raids to come.) Since your little one is considered full-term at 37 weeks pregnant, if your baby was to leave the wet nest this week, he or she would likely thrive.

So what's keeping your little one busy while waiting it out until D-day? Practice, practice, practice. Your baby is simulating breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking on his or her thumb, blinking, and pivoting from side to side (one day you feel the tushy on the left side, another day it has swung around to the right side). All these are skills needed for his or her next gig — starring as newborn.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home