Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Doctor's Appointment - Update

Well I just got home from my doctor's appointment, and everything is still looking good. He said I'm about 50% effaced, but still not dilated. My blood pressure was a little high this time, he didn't seem too concerned, but said that because of it we won't go past 40 weeks. Yea!! I was really hoping Caleb wouldn't be late and that I wouldn't be pregnant into July. He also said that depending on whether I start dilating on my own or not, we may go early. I guess if I continue to go to appointments and am not dilating they may decide to induce. So I have another appointment scheduled for next week and then I'll officially be full term (37 weeks or later is considered full term), so Caleb may be here sooner than we thought.

On the way home, I was just thinking how excited I am that I don't have to worry about being one of those women who are still pregnant at 41 or 42 weeks, but at the same time....he might come early and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that either. I still have so much stuff to get done. I need to pack my bag for the hospital, which I am planning on doing today, and wash some of Caleb's clothes so that he has something to wear home from the hospital.

I guess this pregnancy is coming to an end. I've actually really enjoyed it, despite the annoying aspects. Only a few more weeks and we'll have our little man home with us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home