Friday, May 29, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was officially my last day of work. I am so excited to be done, and to be starting my life as a stay at home mom, but it was also sad. I didn't think I was really going to be sad because all week I've just been excited to be so close, but as the day drew to an end, it hit me. I won't see these kids every day anymore. I won't even see them every week. We spent the day at the pool and they had so much fun, which was great. They were exhausted by the time we got home, so I put them down for naps and then realized, their dad might be home before they woke up and I wouldn't get to say goodbye to them. So back into their rooms I went to tell them that I might be gone when they woke up but that I would see them soon, and that I loved them, and to get a big hug.

Hopefully they will make the adjustment well and in no time at all they will love their new nanny, and hopefully I'll still get to see them every once in awhile.

A bittersweet day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home