Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nutrition???

I've been thinking a lot lately about nutrition and healthy eating. You see, Charles and I do not necessarily eat the healthiest foods. Alright, we eat horribly. And I am a very picky eater, thanks mom and dad :) But seriously, my eating habits are more in line with your average 6 year old than 26 year old. I do not want Caleb to end up the same way, so I decided Charles and I need to start now to try and change our eating habits. Then even if Caleb ends up being a picky eater, he'll still be getting healthy foods instead of junk.

A big part of this healthy eating thing concerns the whole organic, non-organic issue. I've always thought, "oh who cares? I'm not paying all that extra money". But it's different when I'm thinking about people other than myself. I did a little research and found this and decided that organic is the way to go, and if I had an unlimited supply of money, would probably buy ALL organic, but I don't...so I can't. In the meantime I think I'll buy as much organic as I can, and not worry about the rest.

Now just eating organic food is not going to make Charles and I healthier eaters. There will have to be some other changes, one of which will include planning on my part. Working full-time I end up buying quick and easy meals that I can fix without much effort once I get home from work. These end up being processed (often frozen) junk that probably has no nutritional value, but all that can change too, because after this week, I'm no longer working. I will have the time to plan out our weekly meals, grocery shop, and cook.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have this



than this



So hopefully, with some planning and careful shopping on my part, Charles and I will be able to eat healthier, get healthier and eventually encourage Caleb to eat healthy foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home