Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Beginning

I love the beginning of a new year. I love how it feels like you get to start over. And I love New Year's resolutions.

Now, I'm not once of those people who make arbitrary resolutions that last for 3 days and are then forgotten. I put alot of thought into my resolutions and the things I want to change about myself in the upcoming year.

I could probably make a list a mile long of all the things I wish I could change, but that's not realistic now is it? I must limit myself, which being the list maker that I am is a struggle in and of itself. I only allow myself 3 resolutions a year, and trust me, that's plenty. It's hard enough keeping 1 resolution, let alone 3, and naturally I don't actually succeed in keeping any of them, but it's the things I try to work on and pray about all year.

Here is my list for 2010.

1. I will attempt to grow in my relationship with Christ. This one takes alot of prayer, and is one that seems to stay on my list year after year. After all, we can never truly get this prefect, can we? I will strive, by the grace of God, to study His word and spend time with Him daily. This is especially important to me this year, as I have a cute little guy studying my every move, and I want to set a good example for him.

2. I will attempt to be a better wife, specifically to respect my husband the way I am called to in Ephesians. I like to be in charge, and when I'm in charge, my husband is not. Not that he has to be 'in charge' all the time, but he is the head of this family and I need to respect that, and him, more than I do. This one too, takes alot of prayer.

3. My third resolution is not quite as important as the first two, but it is something I want to do. I have a tendency to get very excited about things for a few weeks and then kind of lose interest. I've always been this way, and right now, I am very excited about this new photography business I'm starting. Now I can see myself putting alot of effort into this business for a few weeks and then losing interest in it, which I DO NOT want to happen. So, my third resolution is that I'll keep working on this business until it happens, until I am actually working as a photographer. It could happen this year, it could take several, but as long as I stick with it, I believe it will happen.

Even as I type this I am wanting to add more things to the list, but I know I'm going to have a hard enough time as it is.

So there you have it, my New Year's resolutions. And realistically, I know I could make any of these resolutions at any point throughout the year, but there is something about having a new year, a new beginning, that makes it seem more important and worthwhile.

Happy New Year!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lexie johnston said...

my resolution is to find the penny

January 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Elaine Clowers said...

haha, that's a good one, I'll have to add that one to my list once I get one.

January 2, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home