Wednesday, December 23, 2009

6 months old

My sweet boy,
I can hardly believe it has been a whole six months since God blessed us with you. Your daddy and I love you more than words can say, and we are so proud of the little boy you are becoming. You are certainly the happiest little guy I've ever seen, smiling at everyone you meet with that big grin of yours. You bring a smile to my face every time I see it.

I love the way you get so excited over the simplest things, squealing and kicking your chubby little legs. Your energy astounds me. If given the choice you would roll and scoot around the floor all day, discovering new things to play with and put in your mouth. Gone are the days of laying you on a blanket and entertaining you by dangling toys above your head, how quickly they passed.

Then there are the calm, peaceful times just before you drift off to sleep. We rock in our chair, listening to your lullaby pillow, and you gaze at my face before closing those blue eyes and falling asleep. As I lay you in your crib I am amazed at how big you've gotten. You are no longer the little 8 pound newborn we brought home from the hospital, but a little boy, full of personality and life. 6 months have passed, all too quickly, but I can't wait for the months to come, watching you grow and learn. You are such a blessing to us, and I can't imagine my life without you, my sweet boy.

I love you,
Mama


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home