Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Thanksgiving Recap

We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving celebrating with family. We started the day off by going to the Thanksgiving service at church and then we went to my sister-in-laws and had a fun afternoon and some great food. Caleb got to spend some time with his "Honey" and "Pops", his aunt and uncles, and his cousin. I should have taken some pictures ... I had my camera there ... but it didn't happen. Oh well.

There are so many things that I'm thankful for, and I won't attempt to list them all, but here are my top two. I'm sure you can guess them. That's right : my sweet husband and my cute little man. My guys are at the top of my thankful list this year.

I'll leave you with this. While Thanksgiving is over and it seems the Christmas season is already in full swing, thankfulness is something to practice all year long.

A prayer from our church service on Thanksgiving morning:

Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we Your unworthy servants do give You most humble and heartfelt thanks for all Your goodness and loving kindness to us. We bless You for our creation, our preservation, and all the blessings of this life. But above all, we bless You for Your inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, a willing sacrifice for sinners, our sole source of abundant life and our hope of glory. We beseech You, give us that due sense of all Your mercies, that our hearts may be unashamedly thankful. May we show forth Your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives. May we give of ourselves and our substance to Your service. May we walk before You in holiness and righteousness all our days, through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit, be all honor and glory, world without end. Amen


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home