Saturday, November 21, 2009

A little book review



If you know me at all, you know that I love to read. I'm hoping that this is something I can pass on to my little man. He already enjoys reading books, or chewing on them, whatever. But we have been reading to him since he was born, and he truly does enjoy listening and looking at the pictures.

Caleb has several Bible story books, all of which will get plenty of use. But I was having a hard time finding one that we could begin using now. I needed lots of pictures, to keep his attention, and few words. Most Bible story books are really geared for toddlers and up, so they are a little more wordy than Caleb can handle at this point, but I wanted to begin reading these wonderful stories with Caleb now.



We now have exactly what I wanted. "Pops" and "Honey" (Charles' parents) got Caleb a series of Bible story books for his baptism that are perfect. Charles loved these books as a child, and I have a feeling Caleb will love them just as much. He already loves looking at the big colorful pictures.





Read-Aloud Bible Stories by Ella K. Lindvall comes in 4 volumes and each book contains 5 classic stories from the Bible. They are short enough to be read in a few minutes, and the pictures are big and bright, perfect for keeping the attention of even the most energetic child. I'm hoping to read from these books regularly and use them to help Caleb hide God's word in his heart.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

We love those books! We had one of them when we were growing up and someone got 2 out of the 4 for Arden and he already loves them!

November 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home