Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Excuses

I have fallen desperately behind in posting on this blog, and I have no legitimate excuses for that. There are plenty of people, with lives much busier than mine, who post diligently every day, or at least every week, and I haven't even been able to do that.

Things are about to change.

I started this blog so that those who wanted to, could keep up with the goings on in our lives, but more importantly (at least to me) I started this blog so that I could have a written record of important things that happen in our lives, as well as pictures. Lots of pictures. Pictures that are out there for me to look at whenever I want to instead of just sitting on some computer drive until I decide to do something with them.

Before now, I was a scrapbooker. Not a very good one and not a very committed one, but one none the less. I have made scrap books for all the "important" events in my life for the past few years. I have one that documents my college years (meeting Charles, dating Charles, getting engaged to Charles), one that documents our engagement, and one that documents our wedding. I started one for our honeymoon, but life got in the way and it never got finished. I didn't want the same thing to happen with Caleb, so blogging became my "new" scrapbooking (in a somewhat more modern, technological way).

So I am committed to keeping up with this blog for that reason alone. It is my digital scrapbook documenting Caleb. Before I know it, he'll be 5 and it'll be wonderful to be able to look back and read what he was doing at 4 months old, and see what he looked like at 4 months old.

So, prepare for more frequent posts. It may just be a picture and a few words, but it will be there.

And now to catch up on the past few weeks.

Caleb is mobile. No he's not crawling or anything (he's a little young for that), but he can now roll from tummy to back and from back to tummy. So essentially he just rolls around to get from place to place. Gone are the days of laying (or is it lying? I'm still not sure) him on the bed for a quick second while I get dressed or leaving him on the den floor while I go grab something to drink. Just a few seconds unattended and he could be halfway across the room. My solution for this was to put up a play pen. Like we have room for one more baby item in this house!! At least it contains him.

He also got a new toy in the past few weeks. Its an activity center that bounces and he loves it. I think if I let him he'd spend hours in it, but I don't, of course. He was getting a little bored with his bouncy seat, and its been weeks since he's spent more than 5 minutes in his swing, so this was a wonderful early Christmas present from Nanny and Poppy.







Caleb took his first trip to the zoo last weekend. I really wanted to see the new exhibit and the weather was PERFECT! Could not have been any better and Caleb, while he slept for most of the time, he also enjoyed riding in his stroller and looking at the animals and people. I'm looking forward to taking him to the zoo when he's a little bit older and actually knows what's going on.










Caleb's hand compared to a gorilla handprint.








This was Aunt Rachel's doing.






That's it for now, but I'll leave you with a few more pictures of our cute little man.














Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home