Thursday, August 13, 2009

Four years ago today

What were you doing four years ago today?
Realistically, you probably don't remember.

It was a Saturday, does that help?

I didn't think so.

Well I do remember what I was doing.
Four years ago today I was marrying the wonderful man that is my husband.

It amazes me that it's already been four years, and how much has changed in those four years. We have moved several times, eventually buying the house we live in now. Charles has become established in his career. I became a nanny for 2 and then 3 adorable children. Our own family grew in size with the birth of our 7 week old baby boy, Caleb. But most importantly, we have grown to love each other more, to respect each other, to trust God to lead our marriage where He wants it to go. We argue, we disagree about things, I know that I don't respect or submit to Charles the way I am called to, but we've made progress in the past four years. Certainly not by any strengths of our own, but by the grace of God. He has blessed our marriage in ways I never imagined. I pray that I can say the same thing four years from now.

Charles, thank you for the past four years. Thank you for loving me the way you do. Thank you for being the wonderful father that you are. I pray that Caleb grows up to be a man of God like his daddy. A man who loves his wife as Christ loves the church. I am blessed to have you as my husband and best friend. I love you and enjoy every minute of spending my life with you. Happy Anniversary Baby!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Awww that's so sweet. Happy Anniversary!

August 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home