Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're getting there...

Slowly but surely we are gradually getting more of a routine, thank goodness! This week Caleb has been taking good naps, in his own bed, not my arms, yay! Although it does take a few minutes of patting his back to get him to sleep. I know... I know... he needs to be able to get to sleep by himself, but it kills me to listen to him cry and cry, and if patting his back for 5 minutes helps him then I'm gonna do it... for now. Just watch, he'll be like... 12 ... and I'll still have to pat his back before he goes to bed, wouldn't that be strange. Hopefully it won't come to that. I'll gradually just wean him off of it, but I'm going to wait until I'm a little less sleep deprived because right now it is wonderful to have him napping in his bed several times a day ... 4 to be exact.

That's right... he takes 4 naps a day. He wakes up in the morning, typically very early, eats and then almost immediately takes a nap. He takes another nap in the middle of the day, one in the late afternoon and one in the evening. Although I guess the evening nap could just be considered nighttime. I call it a nap because it is after this that he eats again, gets a bath, and gets his jammies on. Normally between 8 and 9.

At night he does wonderful. I typically wake him to eat before I go to bed, between 11 and 12, and he is already close to sleeping until morning. Right now if I feed him between 11 and 12, he can make it until around 4 or 5, which is too early for me to start my day (good thing he takes him first nap after this). But sometimes he eats earlier the night before (around 9 or 10) and is up at 2 or 3 to eat and then sleeps until 6 or 7. Tonight he'll eat around 11:30 so hopefully he'll make it until around 4 and then go back to bed until 7 or so. I don't think it will be long until he is sleeping 6 or 7 hours at night!!

So slowly but surely things are getting back to normal around here ... a different normal, but it's still nice.


BTW : Caleb is one month old today. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home