Friday, May 8, 2009

Cleaning 101

After 3 days of cleaning I decided to share my cleaning strategies with you.

First and foremost, I am an avid list maker so nothing starts until the list is made. It helps me to stay on track and feel like I'm getting things accomplished, even when there is so much left to do.

I divide my list up by rooms. I think its easier to clean a single room at a time, for example the den, rather than do a single job at a time, like vacuuming the whole house. Because then, regardless of how far I get at that particular time, at least some rooms are clean, and I can keep them that way.

So, at my house, we have the kitchen, laundry room, den/dining room, office, bedroom, Caleb's room, bathroom and 1/2 bath. Thankfully, the house isn't very big :)

In each room, I have the normal stuff to do, floors, dusting, you know the drill...and I use Green Works Natural Cleaners by Clorox for just about everything. They have a glass cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner, pretty much everything I need. I use Pledge Multi-Surface Wipes for dusting, because in case you missed my last post, I HATE cleaning, and this just makes it that must faster, although more expensive, I realize. And for the floors ( we have all hardwood) I vacuum instead of sweeping. ( It works better and is much faster) And then use Pledge Hardwood Floor Cleaner, although honestly, I only use this about once every few months. Typically, just the vacuuming is enough for me.

So there you have it. I move from room to room and clean as I go. A few jobs, like laundry and dishes, I do as I clean the rest of the house, but other than that, I do not leave a room until it is clean.

So far this week, I have done the laundry room, bathroom and den. Along with part of the kitchen. The rest of the house is picked up, but not cleaned yet, and on this particular list, I have included organizing closets, drawers, and cabinets, so it's taking a little longer than usual.

This morning, I cleaned out my car, which if you've never seen my car, you just do not understand. I think I could realistically, live out of my car for a good week with no problems. But not anymore. It's empty, all trash is thrown away, and clean (floors vacuumed and everything). I just have to keep it that way for another 3 weeks while I'm still keeping the kids, and then it should be much easier to keep clean.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home