Friday, April 23, 2010

What I Love about Caleb at 10 months old

I can't believe he's already 10 months old.

At his doctor appointment this morning the doctor said, "Well, the next time we see him he'll be 1" and I just thought, good grief how can he already be almost 1??

His appointment went well, he didn't even have to get any shots this time, and he now weighs in at 21 pounds and is 29 inches tall.  He still uses his infant carrier carseat (although we just leave it in the car because it's so heavy) because it goes up to 30 pounds and 30 inches.  I'm hoping he can use it until he turns one, that way we can just buy a forward facing carseat for him, instead of a convertible seat that can face forwards or backwards.  And the weight isn't a issue, unless he just really packs on the pounds there's no way he'll come even close to 30 pounds before he's 1, but he's 29 inches, so hopefully he won't have a major growth spurt in the next 2 months, because I would hate to buy a convertible seat for him to use for a month before we can turn it around to face the front.  Anyways ...

Here's what I love about Caleb at 10 months old:

* He is always on the move.  If he's not crawling, he pulling up, and if he's not pulling up he's cruising around the furniture. 

* He does this fake cough, which all started with his Uncle David, and he thinks it is so funny.  He uses it when he wants your attention, and then when you cough back at him, he scrunches his little face up and gets a huge smile on his face.  He thinks he is really funny.

* He is sleeping great.  Still sleeps until 8am, which I just love since I am so not a morning person.

* He still takes 2 naps a day.  Sometimes I wish he would cut back to 1 nap because we'd be able to get out more, but he needs his sleep, and it's nice to be able to get things done around the house.

* He claps his hands when you ask him to, and likes the song "If Your Happy and You Know It".

* He waves, and says bye bye (sometimes).

* He is officially done with baby food.  He now eats finger foods and whatever we are eating.

* He loves Avery (our dog) and if you say, "Caleb, where's Avery?" he will either look at or crawl to the back door where Avery is usually laying.

* He loves his daddy, and gets excited when he gets home from work.

* He is becoming more strong willed and will let you know when he is mad about something (not sure this fits in with the "things I love" list, but oh well)

* He is such a happy boy, and almost always smiling.


Caleb,
    My sweet, sweet boy.  I love you so much, and I thank God for you every day.  You are getting so big and before I know it you will be 1 and the first year of your life will be complete.  It is a joy to be your mother, and I love being able to stay home and play with you every day.  You are growing so fast, it seems like just yesterday you were a tiny little baby, and now you are almost a toddler.  I'm so thankful that you are such a good, kind, sweet little boy.  You mean the world to me.  I love you,
                                                                                                                     Mama

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home