Monday, April 20, 2009

Lots of questions...

After childbirth class tonight, I have alot of questions so I'm going to be doing some research over the next few weeks to make an educated decision. We talked about all the hospital stuff tonight and all the options or pain control/relief during labor.

I HATE needles.

So the very idea of having an epidural is hard for me to swallow. I'm just not sure if I can do it. There are other IV medications for pain relief, although I'm sure they are not nearly as effective as an epidural. I'm going to have to look into all my options and pick what's best for me.

It's going to be hard for me to make a decision based on my own research and not on what other people think I should do, but I'm going to try and do it.

**************************************************************

I also have some questions about some parenting issues. One is not so important right now, but will be eventually. And the second is more urgent.

1. I feel like Charles and I watch WAY too much TV as it is
and I've seen the kids I nanny for sit in front of the TV for
hours and I know it's not good for them, so the decision we need
to make is how much TV will Caleb be allowed to watch, it any, and
how will we monitor it.

2. vaccines - there are so many vaccines these days for these little
babies, and I am not at all against vaccines, don't get me wrong,
but I feel like before I just have my 2 month get 3 different shots
containing 7 or 8 different vaccines, I feel like I need to be more
educated on the subject in general.

So that is my plan, research pain control/relief for during labor, contemplate and discuss with Charles TV watching for our kids in general, and research vaccines ( what's in them? what do they do? are they all necessary? ) That should keep me busy for a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home