Monday, April 13, 2009

Childbirth Class

So, tonight was the night that I have been worried about for the last month or so, tonight we watched 'THE VIDEO!!!." I mean, I am really making an effort to take this class seriously. Just tonight I answered a question that Elaine was surprised I remembered from last week. I know that this is important to both me and Elaine, but at the end of the day there are certain parts of the delivery process that I don't want to see with my wife, that I love. I absolutely, in no way, shape or form was looking forward to watching some lady that I didn't even know delivering her baby!

And after all that worrying and eating a small dinner so that I wouldn't toss it watching the video, it was not bad at all. Really there was only one shot that would have disturbed me but honestly all I saw was the baby, the rest was kind of background. Now, don't get me wrong, this does not mean that I can't wait to watch Elaine, not much has changed there. My plan is still to stay comfortably up by Elaine's head and help in any little way that I can.

One of my concerns was confirmed tonight when one of the dads in the video said he felt 'helpless' when it came to helping his wife. I guess I am just trying to figure out how to be helpful without being annoying or 'too much.' Anyway, it is getting kind of crazy to think about how close the time is getting to him arriving! I am pumped and can't wait to see the little man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home