Thursday, April 23, 2009

Prayer Updated

I talked to my husband and did a little research of my own and I think I understand prayer a little better than I did yesterday.

We are commanded to pray so we should, and prayer has several purposes. Prayer can help us to align our thoughts and desires with Gods will, but it also lets God know what our thoughts and desires are. He cares about us and He cares what we want. Prayer can change things. Does it always? No, but God can hear our prayers and because of them do things differently. There are examples throughout Scripture of just this happening. It says that God did or did not do something because of the prayers of His children. He loves us and wants us to be happy but that doesn't mean He will just give us everything we want.

There are times when what we want does not fit in with Gods perfect plan for us and we may not get the answer we want regardless of our prayers, but God loves us just the same and He knows what is best for us.

I still have a hard time fitting this together with my beliefs on the sovereignty of God, but some things we will not understand completely until we get to heaven and although that frustrates me sometimes, I just need to trust in God and know that He will always do what is best for me.


Posted with LifeCast

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home