Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

Today was a snow day for us here in Memphis.  It doesn't happen often, and this is actually the first time we've had enough snow to play in since Caleb was born.  It may have happened last winter, I don't remember, but he would have only been 6 months old, so I'm sure he wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Unfortunately Charles still had to head into the office this morning so it was just me and my boys today.  I wasn't sure how Caleb would like the snow, but I wanted to find out, which was rather difficult with Ethan.  But we got him down for a nap and headed outside to play, with baby monitor in tow.

He loved it!!  He had a hard time keeping his balance all bundled up and in his boots, and once he would fall he couldn't really get up on his own. ( reminded me of the younger brother in "A Christmas Story" when he falls in the snow and is laying there yelling, "I can't get up! Ralphie!! I can't get up!")

He particularly liked making snowballs (or having me make them) and eating them.  We only stayed out for a little bit because it was freezing and I didn't want to leave Ethan in the house alone for too long.  But Charles just got home from work, and took him out to play again before it gets dark, so he's definitely getting plenty of time in the snow.








As I'm finishing this up Charles and Caleb came to the door, FREEZING, but Caleb did NOT want to come inside, so I gave him 2 more minutes and now I'm going to go run a warm bath to thaw him out once he gets inside.  

Hope everyone enjoyed their snow day!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home